SRS provides safe, comprehensive Munitions Response Services (MRS) and Operational Range Clearance (ORC) to our federal and commercial customers worldwide. We often combine our MRS/ORC activities with environmental remediation for munitions residue and metals recycling for integrated, single-source, cost-effective services.
We implement MRS/ORC services using conventional technology and advanced digital geophysical mapping techniques tailored to meet individual customer needs with exceptional project delivery by qualified Project Managers, Senior UXO Supervisors, UXO Safety/QC Specialists, and trained UXO technicians who have safely conducted munitions-related services for over 30 years in the military and commercial worlds.
We also coordinate our MRS/ORC work to support ongoing site investigation and construction work where we collaborate to meet constrained and complicated schedules, adaptively using our field know-how to enhance overall safety and workflow to increase overall efficiency.
We hold a current Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) Explosives Manufacturing License, and we can place and stock ATF Type II portable magazines or arrange for on-call delivery of explosives to job sites. Our MRS/ORC services include:
- Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) investigations including conventional “Mag & Dig”, Digital Geophysical Mapping (DGM), and Advanced Geophysical Classification (AGC)
- MEC removal actions including explosive disposal of recovered MEC, certification of Material Potentially Presenting an Explosive Hazard (MPPEH) as Material Documented as Safe (MDAS), packaging, shipping and demilitarization, and recycling of base metal
- MEC removal actions on mixed contaminate sites including chemical and depleted uranium (DU) munitions
- Operational range clearance, removal of range residue, placement of new targets, aim point maintenance, etc.
- Large and small scale earth moving and soil sifting in support of MEC and firing range lead removal
- Remote controlled equipment clearance of high hazard ranges (40mm grenades, ICMs, etc.)
- Chemical dissolution of explosive contamination at load lines and manufacturing sites
- Escort and avoidance including down-hole avoidance support
- Construction support including pre-clearance of construction footprints
- Dredging support including on dredge vessel support to removal of items from dredge spoils including sifting of dried dredge spoils
- 3rd party MEC quality assurance (QA)
- Underwater UXO support including UXO dive teams for investigation, identification, and recovery of underwater items; underwater explosive disposal;
SRS provides safe and cost effective solutions to clients with munitions impacted sites. We offer full cradle-to-grave services as well as support as needed for existing projects.